Governor's Office COVID-19 Update | April 27, 2021
Below are the updates from Governor DeWine’s press conferences. The next press conference is currently scheduled for Thursday April 29th at 2:00pm.
Here’s the news from today:
- Ohio’s COVID-19 case data is below:
- 897,574 confirmed cases
- 169,688 probable cases
- 1,067,262 total cases
- 55,992 hospitalizations
- 19,188 Ohio resident deaths
- 19,186 deaths in State of Ohio
- 7,749 ICU admissions
- 185.8 cases per 100,000 Ohioans (updated weekly on Thursdays and can be found HERE)
- More data is available on the COVID-19 Dashboard HERE.
QUARANTINE HEALTH ORDER
- Governor DeWine today announced that any Ohioan who has been fully vaccinated will no longer have to quarantine if they are exposed to someone with COVID-19. This health order applies to all adults, except those who are in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or other congregate care settings.
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities, including staff and residents, should continue to quarantine following CDC guidance.
- An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or two weeks after the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- As of today, 4.6 million Ohioans have received their first vaccine, and 3.6 million are fully vaccinated.
- The health order is forthcoming.
MASS VACCINATION CLINIC
- Ohio's Mass Vaccination Clinic at Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center will now accept walk-ins and will offer first doses of the Pfizer vaccine this week and next week.
- Walk-ins are welcome from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ohioans are still encouraged to visit gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov to look for open appointments or call 833-4-ASK-ODH to book an appointment over the phone.
- Lt. Governor Jon Husted provided an update on Ohio’s economic landscape related to the recently announced 2020 Census count, the state’s current unemployment rate and workforce development efforts.
- Presently, on OhioMeansJobs.com, there are 180,773 total jobs available and 92,866 of those jobs have a salary of over $50,000.
- Additionally, workforce development programs, such as TechCred and IMAP, aim to upskill Ohioans, making businesses and the state more competitive.
INTERMEDIATE CARE HEALTH ORDER
- Governor DeWine announced the Ohio Department of Health is rescinding the September 24, 2020 order that gave guidelines for indoor and outdoor visitation at intermediate care facilities.
- Intermediate care facilities should now follow current guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to determine appropriate access to the facility and resident visitation.
- The Ohio Department of Health, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, and Community Centers for the Deaf have translated important COVID-19 vaccination guidance and information into American Sign Language.
- These video segments are now available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
CASE DATA & VACCINE INFORMATION
- In-depth COVID-19 data for Ohio: coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Ohio's central scheduling system: gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Ohio mass vaccination information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/massvaccinationclinics
- All vaccine providers: vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- More vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine
Ohioans can apply for unemployment benefits online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at unemployment.ohio.gov. It is also possible to file by phone at 877-644-6562 or TTY at 888- 642-8203, Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM, and Sunday 9AM to 1PM. Employers with questions should email UCTech@jfs.ohio.gov.
As always, Coronavirus.Ohio.Gov and the Department of Health hotline, 1-833-4-ASK-ODH are great resources for those who have questions.
Click on the slides below to view full size.