Governor's Office COVID-19 Update | March 25, 2021
Below are updates from Governor DeWine’s press conferences. The next press conference is currently scheduled for today, Monday March 29th at 2:00pm.
Here’s the news:
- Ohio’s COVID-19 case data is below:
- 854,450 confirmed cases
- 151,721 probable cases
- 1,006,171 total cases
- 52,539 hospitalizations
- 18,382 Ohio resident deaths
- 18,388 deaths in State of Ohio
- 7,369 ICU admissions
- 146.9 cases per 100,000 Ohioans (updated weekly on Thursdays and can be found HERE)
- More data is available on the COVID-19 Dashboard HERE.
CLEVELAND MASS VACCINATION SITE
• As of yesterday, more than 46,000 people have been vaccinated at the state-federal mass vaccination clinic at Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center.
- Next week will be the final segment of first doses vaccines.
• Starting April 6, second doses will begin to be administered. Appointments can be scheduled by visiting gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or by calling 1-833-427-5634 (1-833-4-ASK-ODH).
REGIONAL MASS VACCINATION SITES
• Next week, Ohio will open 11 stationary mass vaccination sites and four mobile clinics that will travel throughout specific regions of the state.
- The stationary mass vaccination sites will be held at:
- The Knights of Columbus, Lima, Ohio
- The Lucas County Rec Center, Maumee, Ohio
- Dayton-Montgomery County Convention Center, Dayton, Ohio
- The Celeste Center, Columbus, Ohio
- The Summit County Fairgrounds, Akron, Ohio
- The site of the former Dillard's at Southern Park Mall, Youngstown, Ohio
- The Cintas Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- The Wilmington Airpark, Wilmington, Ohio
- Adena Medical Education Center, Chillicothe, Ohio
- Wayne Street Medical Campus, Marietta, Ohio
- Colony Square Mall, Zanesville, Ohio
- Additionally, an Ohio Northern University mobile clinic will start next week and travel between Wyandot, Marion, Union, Logan, Crawford and Hardin counties.
- The Ohio University Mobile Clinic will travel between Lawrence, Meigs, Vinton, Washington, Morgan and Perry counties.
• Additional details about the stationary and mobile clinics will be available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
• Appointments can be scheduled by visiting gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or by calling 1-833-427-5634 (1-833-4-ASK-ODH).
- Appointments will be available for Ohioans ages 16 years and older.
VACCINE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
- The Ohio Department of Aging has created the Vaccine Maintenance Program to ensure new residents and employees, and established residents and employees who previously decided not to receive a vaccine, can still choose to receive one.
- The list of facilities includes nursing homes and assisted living facilities who have not indicated their willingness to participate in the Vaccine Maintenance Program or how they would make vaccinations available to their residents and staff.
BMV WEBSITE REDESIGN
• Lt. Governor Husted and the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) today announced the launch of a vastly improved, more user-friendly BMV website.
- The redesign allows Ohio customers to have a faster, easier and more streamlined experience when they are using this resource.
• The newly redesigned website features a number of enhanced tools including a simplified authentication process for logging in, a dynamic search function to help customers explore by keyword, and a new “My BMV” profile allowing the user to see the status of their driver’s license, organ donation options, driving record, and more, all on one page as compared to the more than ten pages it was previously.
- Additionally, Ohioans will have an easier time utilizing the site on their mobile device.
TEAM OHIO RECOGNITION
• Lt. Governor Husted also announced that this week, Government Technology Magazine named its annual Top 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers.
- This program annually recognizes the work of innovators around the country to improve state and local government through technology.
• Along with 21 individuals, the magazine recognized four teams.
- Among those teams was “Team Ohio,” including Lt. Governor Husted and Ervan Rodgers, the State Chief Information Officer and Assistant Director of the Ohio Department of Administrative Services.
• The magazine focused on the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, along with Ohio’s ongoing focus on making use of technology assets to improve the well-being of Ohioans and their health, property, security, livelihood, and prosperity.
OHIO PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY SYSTEM
• New health data compiled by the Ohio Department of Health shows declining rates of COVID-19 exposure and spread in ten counties.
- Dropping from Alert Level 3 to Alert Level 2: Brown, Columbiana, Coshocton, Fulton, Lawrence, and Logan.
- Dropping from Alert Level 2 to Alert Level 1: Holmes and Van Wert.
JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES UPDATE
• Governor DeWine today announced a new agreement between the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and Google to conduct data analytics on all outstanding claims.
- Google will review claims for markers and patterns of fraud. This will allow the department to prioritize and quickly process legitimate, outstanding claims.
• Additionally, Governor DeWine announced that David DeVillers, former United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio, will join the Public-Private Partnership Team (P3) as the law enforcement subject matter expert.
- He will serve as a liaison between the department and local, state and federal law enforcement.
CASE DATA & VACCINE INFORMATION
- In-depth COVID-19 data for Ohio: coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Ohio's central scheduling system: gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- All vaccine providers: vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- More vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine
Ohioans can apply for unemployment benefits online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at unemployment.ohio.gov. It is also possible to file by phone at 877-644-6562 or TTY at 888- 642-8203, Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM, and Sunday 9AM to 1PM. Employers with questions should email UCTech@jfs.ohio.gov.
As always, Coronavirus.Ohio.Gov and the Department of Health hotline, 1-833-4-ASK-ODH are great resources for those who have questions.
Click on the slides below to view full size.