Governor's Office COVID-19 Update | May 3, 2021
Below are the updates from Governor DeWine’s press conferences. The next press conference is currently scheduled for Thursday May 6th at 2:00pm.
Here’s the news from today:
- Ohio’s COVID-19 case data is below:
- 903,946 confirmed cases
- 172,053 probable cases
- 1,075,999 total cases
- 56,642 hospitalizations
- 19,284 Ohio resident deaths
- 19,285 deaths in State of Ohio
- 7,836 ICU admissions
- 155.6 cases per 100,000 Ohioans (updated weekly on Thursdays and can be found HERE)
- More data is available on the COVID-19 Dashboard HERE.
LONG-TERM CARE/NURSING FACILITY TESTING ORDER
- Governor DeWine announced today that a new Ohio Department of Health order will exempt fully vaccinated staff in nursing homes and assisted living facilities from routine testing.
- Staff members who are not fully vaccinated will be required to be tested twice a week.
- An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or two weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
HOMEBOUND VACCINATION PLAN
- The Ohio Department of Aging and Ohio Department of Health have developed a homebound vaccination playbook for organizations working to ensure homebound individuals have access to the vaccine.
- By utilizing existing Rapid Response Teams, Ohio can deliver the vaccine where it is needed.
- That playbook is available on the coronavirus website at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- If you are a homebound individual or know a homebound individual who would like a vaccine, please contact your Area Agency on Aging at 1-866-243-5678.
- Ohio's mass vaccination center at the Wolstein Center in downtown Cleveland continues to accept walk-ins to the clinic.
- Last week, 2,000 walk-ins were vaccinated.
- Of the total vaccinated at the Wolstein Center last week, approximately 44 percent of those vaccinated were minorities and approximately 68 percent live in targeted high social-vulnerability zip codes.
- The clinic is open 7 days a week, and walk-ins are accepted from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Appointments are also available in advance by visiting GetTheShot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or by calling 833-4-ASK-ODH.
- The Cleveland Indians are offering discounts on tickets for anyone who has been vaccinated at the Wolstein Center or any other vaccination location.
- Fans can get $5 off regular priced Upper Box and Upper Reserved tickets if they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- This offer is only available online for series against the Cincinnati Reds May 7 – 9, Chicago Cubs May 11 – 12, and Minnesota Twins May 21 – 23.
- The Reds are also offering discounted View Level tickets for $10 for fans who show their COVID-19 vaccination card with at least one shot complete.
- The offer is valid at Great American Ball Park ticket windows for Monday-Thursday games through June.
IN-DEMAND JOBS WEEK
- Lt. Governor Husted provided remarks from the Southern Hills Career and Technical Center in Georgetown where he was visiting for a signing day as part of In-Demand Jobs Week.
- The Lt. Governor, who also serves as Director of the Governor's Office of Workforce Transformation, made various stops in and around the Cincinnati region today in recognition of In-Demand Jobs Week.
- The visits worked to promote the state's efforts to champion career, technical, and vocational education while highlighting both in-demand and critical jobs.
- Follow along throughout In-Demand Jobs Week on social media at #InDemandOhio.
CASE DATA & VACCINE INFORMATION
- In-depth COVID-19 data for Ohio: coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Ohio's central scheduling system: gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Ohio mass vaccination information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/massvaccinationclinics
- All vaccine providers: vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- More vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine
Ohioans can apply for unemployment benefits online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at unemployment.ohio.gov. It is also possible to file by phone at 877-644-6562 or TTY at 888- 642-8203, Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM, and Sunday 9AM to 1PM. Employers with questions should email UCTech@jfs.ohio.gov.
As always, Coronavirus.Ohio.Gov and the Department of Health hotline, 1-833-4-ASK-ODH are great resources for those who have questions.
Click on the slides below to view full size.